Many of the Web pages you'll find through VietGATE will have
specific fonts used to depict Vietnamese text. To read those pages,
you can use the following links to download and install the fonts
- VISCII fonts are provided by the TriChlor Group. Click here to download fonts.
- VNI fonts are available from VNI Soft. Check out their Download page for
a set of free sample fonts.
- VPS fonts come from the Vietnamese
Professionals Society. You can choose which fonts to download from
their VPS Fonts
- TCVN (aka ABC, aka VSCII) fonts are available from
Vietnam Data Communication. Check out
their Vietnam Font Download page
for a set of free sample fonts.
FYI: Microsoft Win95 for Vietnamese use ABC encoding. This is code page
1258. The keyboard driver (1258.NLS) is available for both Win95 and NT 4.x.
Use Arial Unicode TrueType font from Microsoft if you are on Windows
platform. You can find the Arial Unicode font on Microsoft Office CD. We
are sorry, but the font is copyrighted by Microsoft, so we can not provide it.
This is the font we recommend everyone to use. Unicode is the fonts
that is supported by all modern Operating Systems, including Windows, OS X,
UNIX (Linux, Solaris, etc.).
- Adding Vietnamese keyboard layout (Input Method Editor - IME) on Microsoft Windows XP (remember to select East Asian Language, that's where Vietnamese is located)
The following Microsoft web page describe the steps needed to install additional IME on Windows NT/2000/XP.
The following is for adding Vietnamese IME to Windows XP and Windows
If for some reason you can not install one of the above fonts, or the
font(s) is not available for your system, you can use our "universal"
encoding translator services.
For comments, additions/corrections, questions
other requests, please send email to